The software update can be used only with the WayteQ xPAD-70 Tablet PC (don't use it on xTAB-70 device). Update can be done for the customer's own risk. Improperly done update can harm your device and may make it unusable. We can't take responsibility for the harms and damages if the update hasn't been done properly. Repair of a device caused by an improperly done update is not under warranty.
The system update contains an enhancement, which gives support for mobile internet access over a connected USB modem. Using a USB modem requires a USB OTG adapter. If you don't have such an adapter, please contact us.
The software update will delete everything from the internal memory of the Tablet PC including your installed applications, system settings, etc... Please make a backup of your important data before the update. To apply the update, please follow the required steps below:
- Connect the home charger to the Tablet PC. Charge the battery.
- Download the compressed "wayteq_xpad70_v0.54.zip" file to your desktop PC / laptop.
- Create an empty folder on your desktop PC / laptop. Extract the downloaded .zip file into this empty folder.
- Copy the five extracted files ("update.zip", "uImage_recovery", "uImage", "factory_update_param.aml", "u-boot-512M-UartB.bin") to the root folder of an empty microSD card.
- Safely remove (disconnect) the microSD card.
- Turn off the Tablet PC, but keep the home charger connected to it.
- Insert the microSD card into the Tablet PC.
- Press and hold down the "volume up" button.
- While holding down the "volume up" button, press and hold down the "power on" button for 4-5 seconds, and release the buttons when you see an "upgrading... please wait" message.
- The update process has been started. Throughout the update process don't turn off the Tablet PC, don't unplug the home charger, and don't remove the microSD card from the device. The update process will be finished, when you see the user interface of the Android operating system. If somehow the device reboots itself, or you accidentally rebooted the device, don't remove the microSD card, let the full update procedure finish again!
- After you see the Android operating system's user interface and the device is ready for use, remove the microSD card from the Tablet PC and delete the previously copied files from the microSD card.
After the successful update you will se the following information in the "Settings / About device" menu item: